Last night I watched Game 6 of the World Series along with 15 million other viewers who watched the Washington Nationals force a series-deciding Game 7 with a 7-2 victory on the road against the Houston Astros.
In case you live under a rock, you probably heard about the controversial call at first base in last night's game in the top of the 7th inning...
Click to view the play below...
I saw the original play and heard the call from home place umpire Sam Holbook, who called out Trea Turner for interfering with the first baseman, Guriel after dribbling a ball to the right of the Astro's pitcher, Bread Peacock. who made the throw (a little to the inside of the first base bag).
The Twitterverse and Twittersphere erupted with comments and opinions
For those who know me - I'm a die-hard MLB fan. I listen to games mostly by streaming them and always have a game on in the garage as I putter along with my 'projects'. I've rooted for the Washington Nationals ever since Bryce Harper began playing for them and still root for them even as Harper has moved on to the Phillies. I attended a Nationals vs. Red Sox game in D.C. on the 4th of July in 2018, when the temperature was 98 degrees with the humidity about the same. I sat in the front row just past the dugout down the right field line.
Since I've been a Baltimore Orioles fan since 1968 (when I was 10 years old and living in Germany) I've lived vicariously through the Nats this year and have followed them throughout their playoff run...

No comments:
Post a Comment